2007/03/11

The day - part 2 @ 34 years old - October

Hustling and bustling... clothes thrown around.

"I'll help you"
"Come on..."
"I'll help you. I insist. You're a bit of a slob and you'll ruin everything"

I nodded.

"Smile!"

I smiled. The camera went on and on and I smiled.

"Now he has to change"
"I must do. Is everyone ready?"
"More or less. Your sister is obviously taking a bit longer"
"Yeah. How about Dad?"
"He's ready"
"And so are you"
"Almost, almost. Still have to go to the hairdresser for some final touches. Son, I don't know if I've told you this, but I'm so proud of you"
"Because of today?"
"For every day. I don't think your father and I could have asked for a better son or your sister for a better brother"
"Come on. You'll cry. This is the usual 'son back home' thing. I know you love me, but no need to ruin your make-up"
"Always the pragmatist"
"Always the bastard, rather"

She gently kissed me on my cheeks.

"Get ready for some photos. Most importantly with your sister"

I stopped for a second and stared at my Mom. I smiled.

No comments: