2007/05/20

This one is definitely not fictional @ 30 years old - May

"Hi"
"Hi"

We kissed. A common friend had just introduced us.
It was a dinner for three at this nice restaurant in Beijing - Le Lan or The Lan Club. Starck design with the usual madness, but that evening there was clarity instead of madness... There was enjoyment, passion... love ?!

Our common friend soon found herself lost in the middle of a dinner that was definitely for two only and she gently left after dessert.

We stayed and had drinks. A Jazz band in the background, dim lighting and poor service... but we had each other's eyes and I got lost and she did too. Without realizing I was going through the normal seduction motion: eyes, hands, kiss.

"The guys who made this table were really bastards?"
"Why?"
"Well, it's hardly easy for two people to kiss with this table in the middle"
"I can help"

She moved closer. I got slightly up from my seat and we kissed.

I had sent an email to my boss saying: "Tonight can't really be on the call. I may have met the woman of my life"

We continued talking, kissing and for once everything was seemless, everything was clear. There was no haze any more.

I took her home and then went home myself.

A couple of days later I told her what I had told our common friend: "Thank you for introducing us. It was one of the nicest things that has happened to me in a long time"

She simply replied: "Even nicer is to come"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yee hah!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Glad it led to something more!

Nein said...

Indeed! We are married now :)